Population Europe Inter-Faces: Aart Liefbroer
"The demographic behaviour of the parents is reproduced by the children" - an interview with Aart Liefbroer.
- One of your research fields is the intergenerational transmission of demographic behaviour; could you explain what that means?
- Do young people repeat their parents’ demographic behaviour?
- Why is this transmission so strong, despite the fact that many life patterns are so significantly different these days?
- Which differences between social groups exist in regard to the transmission of demographic behaviour?
- If the transmission of demographic behaviour is such a powerful pattern, can policy intervention make a difference at all?
The Population Europe Inter-Face Series has been published with financial support from the Progress programme of the European Union in the framework of the project ”Supporting a Partnership for Enhancing Europe’s Capacity to Tackle Demographic and Societal Change”.