Call for Papers
Call for Papers: 8th African Population Conference
Instructions for Submitting Abstracts and Papers
- Submissions are made online starting May 25, 2019 at the 8th African Population Conference Website. All authors are asked to submit both: a) a short (150 word) abstract; and b) either an extended abstract (2-4pages,including tables) or a completed paper to be uploaded to the website following instructions available online. Authors may modify their submission online at anytime until June 30, 2019.
- Extended abstracts must be sufficiently detailed to allow the session organizer to assess the merits of the paper, including a description of the topic to be studied, the theoretical focus, the data and research methods, and the expected findings. Alternatively, authors can submit completed papers for the organizer to review. If your submission is accepted in a regular session you must upload the full paper by October1, 2019.
- The 8th APC program website will allow session organizers to view titles and authors of submitted papers as they are received online. The author making the submission must provide the full name, e-mail, address, affiliation, and country of residence. Co-authors may visit the website to add information such as addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses.
- You may submit your paper to one or two regular sessions by indicating your first and second choice on the submission form. Authors submitting a paper to regular sessions may also have their paper considered for a poster session; see below for details.
Instructions for Submitting Posters
- Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts/papers for consideration as posters. All the above instructions for paper/abstract submissions also apply for poster submissions.
- Authors submitting a paper to one or two regular sessions may also have their paper considered for a poster session if it is not accepted in a regular session. If you want your paper to be considered for a poster session, please check "Yes" in the appropriate area of the online submission form.
- May 25, 2019: Online submission of papers or abstracts start
- June 30,2019: Deadline for submitting papers or abstracts
- July 31,2019: Authors are notified of papers accepted to regular sessions.
- August 31, 2019: Information to authors of posters and additional sessions, including member/partner-initiated meetings to be incorporated in the main programme
- September15, 2019: Revision of final abstracts to be published in the Conference Programme
- October 1, 2019: Submission of final papers to conference website and to discussants and session chairs
- November 18, 2019:Conference Begins
If you have any questions, please contact: uaps [at] uaps-uepa.org