Call for Papers
Call for Papers: Population Association of America Annual Meeting
Before Submitting a Paper or Poster, Please Note the Following:
- After your submission has been selected for a session, you will be required to pre-register for the meeting to confirm your intention to attend.
- Agreeing to participate in an oral or poster session and then cancelling shortly before the meeting (or simply not showing up) takes from someone else the opportunity to present their work. PAA has begun tracking no-shows and authors could face future penalties.
- PAA cannot accommodate schedule requests. When making travel arrangements, plan to attend the entire conference.
- PAA’s two-presenter rule (detailed below) allows an individual to present only twice (but four total program appearances are allowed). For scheduling purposes, only the two presentations are taken into account. Because of the sheer volume of co-authors, we cannot consider the schedule of a non-presenting author when setting the conference schedule. If you make changes to the presenting author after the schedule has been set, please keep this in mind.
- Organizers will not review papers from close collaborators or current students and postdocs. If your submission creates a conflict of interest, your paper will not be considered for that session.
- PAA’s travel grants provide only partial funding and are very limited in number, so please do not rely on acceptance as a sole source for funding to attend the PAA Annual Meeting.
- August 12, 2019: PAA opens for submissions
- September 29, 2019: PAA closes to submissions
- November 4, 2019: Authors are notified of papers accepted into regular and flash sessions
- November 11, 2019: Authors are notified of papers accepted into overflow sessions
- December 2, 2019: Registration Open
- December 16, 2019: Authors are notified of papers accepted into poster sessions
- January 27, 2020: Deadline for presenting authors, chairs and discussants to preregister
- March 1, 2020: Deadline for making online revisions to abstracts of accepted paper
- April 06, 2020: Deadline for posting completed papers on the program website
*Dates subject to change.