Second International Seminar on the Active Ageing Index
The European Commission, UNECE, the University of the Basque Country, the Oxford Institute of Population Ageing, with the support of the Government of Biscay (Spain), are organising a Second International Seminar on the Active Ageing Index (AAI) in Bilbao in September 2018.
The seminar aims to bring together
- civil society representatives,
- other stakeholders.
It will provide a multidisciplinary forum for those interested in the use of AAI to enhance the knowledge about ageing and older people and lead to the development of better policies.
The seminar will be dedicated to the studies focusing on the use of AAI to identify ways to improve active ageing outcomes through appropriate policy measures at different levels. To feed the seminar debate, the organisations above are launching this call for papers.
The topics of interest include the following:
- Comparing AAI results in two or more countries or subnational regions / local territorial entities and identifying explanatory factors within the context of policy differences
- Analysing AAI results for different population groups according to determinants such as education level, income, residence area (urban/rural) etc. or their combination, identifying reasons behind existing inequalities and making recommendations for better outcomes
- Evaluating AAI as an evidence-based monitoring and advisory tool for policymaking at national and subnational levels, using actual examples of AAI application
- Applying AAI in combination with other measurements to analyse broader ageing-related phenomena
- Contextual analysis and clustering of countries/regions to identify factors underlying active ageing outcomes and capacities for active ageing
- Identifying life-course determinants of diverse active ageing outcomes observed in the AAI calculations
The list of topics is not exhaustive, however, AAI should be the focus of submitted abstracts and papers for them to be considered.