Call for Submissions
Focus and Scope
Demográfia English Edition has a broad scope in terms of geographic and thematic coverage. We encourage comparative analyses beyond Central and Eastern Europe about demographic processes, migration, family formation and related social phenomena.
Peer Review Process
All articles undergo a peer review process. The International Editorial Board, which consists of distinguished scholars of population and social sciences, contributes to improving scientific standards as well as broadening the thematic and regional coverage. An even wider international network of experts ensures a scientifically sound peer review process. The journal has a native language editor, who copy edits and proofreads the papers in order to improve the consistency and standard of the text.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
International Editorial Board
- Arnstein AASSVE (Milan, IT)
- Mohammad JALAL ABBASI-SHAVAZI (Tehran, IR/ Canberra, AUS)
- Patrick DEBOOSERE (Brussels, BE)
- Ismet KOÇ (Ankara, TR)
- Irena KOTOWSKA (President, Warsaw, PL)
- Marc LUY (Vienna, AT)
- Attila MELEGH (Editor, Budapest, HU),
- Cornelia MUREŞAN (Cluj-Napoca, RO)
- Karel NEELS (Antwerp, BE)
- Nico VAN NIMWEGEN (the Hague, NL)
- Ariane PAILHÉ (Paris, FR)
- Ladislav RABUŠIC (Brno, CZ)
- Norbert SCHNEIDER (Wiesbaden, DE)
- Ismo SÖDERLING (Helsinki, FI)
- Zsolt SPÉDER (Editor-in-Chief, Budapest, HU)
- Nada STROPNIK (Ljubljana, SI)
- Mikołaj SZOŁTYSEK (Rostock, DE)
The journal is published yearly on-line and in hard copy, with an online-first policy.
For more information about submitting an article, check out their website.