Full-time Policy and Advocacy Officer
COFACE Families Europe is looking for a full-time Policy and Advocacy officer (permanent contract, full time)
COFACE Families Europe is a pluralistic network of family organisations representing the interest of all families in Europe. We are a membership-based non-governmental organisation which works in partnership with the European Commission through an operating grant of the EaSI programme.
The Policy and Advocacy officer will be in charge of monitoring policy and legislation in the fields of employment and gender equality, providing a strong voice for families in key EU legislative and non-legislative processes. The officer will liaise with the EU institutions and members of COFACE in these areas (covering key topics such as worklife balance, childcare, women’s employment). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an international, inspiring and friendly workplace.
- Coordinate and further develop COFACE policy expertise and advocacy initiatives in the areas of employment and gender equality.
- Draft policy statements and positions based on members’ input.
Contribute to/Develop advocacy strategies and consolidate relations with EU/international institutions and agencies.
- Participate, lead and create alliances and working groups, with NGOs and other stakeholders, at EU level and in liaison with national members and COFACE Director.
- Represent COFACE in events, alliances and high-level European conferences.
- Build bridges between research and policy. Develop and manage small scale research projects.
- Advise members on key EU policy developments, threats and opportunities for family organisations.
- Consolidate and expand networks with EU and national level policy and decision-makers, social partners, civil society organisations and other stakeholders.
- Some travel required.
Skills and qualifications required
- Master’s degree in political sciences, law, economics, EU affairs, or any related fields and at least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of EU affairs and working with EU institutions.
- Strong interest in the work of civil society in the field of employment and gender equality.
- Ability to think strategically, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, interest in proactive networking and a problem-solving attitude are essential
- Understanding of the functioning of membership-based civil society organisations is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including experience in public speaking, giving presentations at high-level events.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to make complex messages accessible to COFACE members and to the wider audience.
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team.
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise.
- Contract: Permanent contract, full time (37h/week).
- Salary between €2500-€3000 gross/month, depending on experience and qualifications, plus benefits (13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, generous leaves, flexible work arrangements and more).
Details of the procedure
- Deadline for applications: 15th October 2018
- Interviews will take place in Brussels the third week of 15-19 October at the COFACE office or via Skype.
- Preferred starting date: 19th November 2018
Candidates are invited to send a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae to the attention of lgosme [at] coface-eu.org (Liz Gosme), Director. The applications will be processed in full confidentiality.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted.
More information about COFACE Families Europe