Microdata Expert at LIS
LIS seeks application for a Microdata Expert (m/f) two-year contract
The position involves joining the LIS data team in producing harmonised datasets. This includes evaluating the original datasets structure and quality (possibly working with data providers), harmonising original variables, documenting harmonisation methods and dataset specificities, assisting and instructing users.
- A Master’s degree in statistics, sociology, economics, demography, or another social science
- Extensive experience managing of large micro datasets
- Excellent command of STATA programming is required; knowledge of R is an asset, as is experience working with the LIS data
- Proficiency in English is mandatory; other languages are an asset
- Strong quantitative skills, abilities to pay attention to detail and to work closely within a team in a cooperative way
Applicants should submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae via search [at] lisdatacenter.org (email) or via postal mail to :
Lucie Scapoli / LIS
Maison des Sciences Humaines – 5ème étage 11, porte des Sciences
L – 4366 Esch-Belval
Review of applications will begin 01 January 2019. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.