PhD Candidate at DIW Berlin
The Socio-economic Panel (SOEP) at the DIW Berlin is looking to fill a position, starting 1.5.2019 as PhD candidate (f/m/div) (65 percent of full-time position).
- Research assistant in the DFG funded project "Dynamics of Mental Health of Migrants (DMHM) – Analyzing dynamics of resilience and vulnerabilities using a synthesis of socio-structural and psychological approaches", which is conducted jointly at the Socio-economic Panel at the DIW Berlin (Hannes Kröger) and the Medical University Center Mainz (Ana Tibubos)
- Preparation of longitudinal surveys (SOEP, UKHLS, HILDA; PSID) with a focus on variables reflecting mental health, socio-economic position, family constellations and personality characteristics
- Cooperation with other research projects at the DIW focusing on (mental) health
- Presentation of study results at national and international conferences
- Writing articles (in English) targeted at international refereed journals in the fields of Sociology, Public Health, Psychology or other related disciplines
- A master’s degree of equivalent in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Public Health, Statistics or a related discipline
- Advanced experience in data management (with a focus on panel data) as well as strong expertise in statistics and the use of relevant statistical software (Stata, R, Mplus)
- Interest and willingness to work interdisciplinary (Sociology, Public Health, Psychology)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to structure and coordinate small sub-projects
- Substantive knowledge about one or more of the following subject areas is desirable: migration, health inequalities, personality or differential psychology, country comparisons
- A strong interest to learn and develop skills in the area of statistical analyses
- Experience in the use of git and/or LaTeX is an advantage
- The possibility to work in an innovative scientific research project as well as close supervision and integrated teamwork
- The possibility to define own foci within the research project
- The ambition to publish research results in international scientific journals
The candidate is expected to pursue a PhD-degree at a structured PhD-program, preferably in Berlin.
Remuneration is based on EG 13 TVöD. The position is limited for three years.
We value diversity and welcome all applications, regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethic or social background.
Please apply online until 22.03.2019 using the reference SOEP-4-19.