Post-Doc Position at the Vienna Institute of Demography
The Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), Austria’s leading non-university research facility, is offering a Post-Doc Position (f*m) (part-time or full-time, 70% - 100%) at the department Human Capital Data Lab.
The post-doc fellow will work on a new project on the development of a global database merging measurements of quality and quantity of educational attainment. The focus of this position is on finding and applying an appropriate methodology to derive consistent time series of quality of education by age, sex, and for different levels of education.
We expect the applicant to have:
- A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in demography, statistics or other social science field (All requirements for the degree have to be completed before the start at the position.)
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Excellent Stata and/or R programming skills and experience
- Hands on experience with quantitative research
- Excellent professional writing
- Experience in working with large survey data is strongly desirable.
Candidates must work well in a collaborative research environment and have good interpersonal skills.
The employment will start as soon as possible and run for 12 months. In accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Science, the annual gross salary is € 43.828,40 based on a full time employment. Depending on experience and qualification, the salary can be negotiated.