For the establishing of a databank offering information on social benefits systems, the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and and Social Policy is looking for a
Student Assistant (40 hours / month).
The data portal PERFAR offers legal and economic data on demographic developments in Europe. The socio-political and legal information stored therein shall be expanded and further developed. Within the framework of a new interdisciplinary project the task, from a legal perspective, will be to tackle the challenge of assessing benefits systems with a view to obtaining sufficiently accurate and significantly quantifiable data.
- studies of a social science-related discipline;
- interest in the field of social law and/or social policy;
- ability to work in a team and interest in interdisciplinary research;
- if possible, knowledge of quantitative methods;
- good command of English and, if possible, of further languages.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the proportion of employed women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply for this position. The Max Planck Society also seeks to employ more severely disabled persons. Severely disabled persons are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application preferably via email (in one connected PDF file, if possible) quoting reference number 13-18 to hr [at] mpisoc.mpg.de (this Email).