The Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), research group “Work and Care” (Prof. Lena Hipp, PhD) seeks to hire A Postdoctoral Research Fellow (f/m/x) for an appointment as soon as possible until November 30, 2023. The appointment is made at 100% of the regular working hours (currently 39 hours/week).
The position will be attached to the third-party-funded research project “Who cares? Paid and unpaid care work”, which focuses on social inequalities related to paid and unpaid care work. More information can be found at: https://wzb.eu/en/research/dynamics-of-social-inequalities/work-and-care
- Designing and implementing research projects within the framework of the research project “Who Cares?”
- Writing research articles and publishing them in peer-reviewed journals
- Collaborating with and mentoring other scholars in the unit
- Playing a leading role in developing the group’s workshops and research projects
- Completed a Ph.D. (or close to completion)
- Master degree in sociology or a related social science field
- Very good knowledge of quantitative research methods and statistics; experience with experimental designs and 'big data' tools is desired
- Advanced skills in Stata, R or any other syntax-based statistics software
- Interest and knowledge in at least one of the following areas: gender, family, labor markets, social inequality
- Very good English language skills
- Remuneration in accordance with EG 14 TVöD Bund (in accordance with German public service collective agreement)
- Additional benefits for public service employees (VBL U)
- A well-equipped workplace in the center of Berlin
- International, cooperative, and diversified working environment
- In-depth integration into the scientific community in the form of colloquiums and conferences
- Thorough instruction and guidance
- Flexible working hours
- They promote a good work-life balance, and their engagement has been certified by audit workandfamily and the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Comprehensive program for continuous professional development and further qualification, in the own discipline and beyond
- Cafeteria with modern recreation rooms
Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. They value diversity and welcome all applications – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation. WZB expressly encourages women or persons with migration backgrounds to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the job opening, please contact Isabell Strobl (030/25491422).
Candidates are requested to submit a CV, writing sample, certificates, and cover letter in English or German by 19 September 2021 in one pdf under this link.
The interviews will take place in the last week of September 2021.