Population Europe Inter-Faces: Michael Murphy
"Everyone who is old today, was young at one time" - an interview with Michael Murphy.
1. As an expert on modelling and forecasts, what would you say will be the defining features of the global population in 2050?
2. From a global perspective, are there differences between the regions?
3. How reliable can todays' scenarios for 2050 be?
4. What do you consider to be the biggest policy challenge resulting from population ageing?
5. Do we have to fear a "war between generations"?
6. Do you see chances for an increasing solidarity between generations?
7. Which policies could help to tackle these challenges?
The Population Europe Inter-Face Series has been published with financial support from the Progress programme of the European Union in the framework of the project ”Supporting a Partnership for Enhancing Europe’s Capacity to Tackle Demographic and Societal Change”.