Population Europe Inter-Faces: Wolfgang Lutz
"Education is the demographic dimension that matters most for development" - an interview with Wolfgang Lutz (Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital).
1. When you think about world population trends and forecasting: do you see scarcity or prosperity?
2. How alarming is low fertility in Europe in a global demographic context - will Europeans die out one day?
3. Is there an optimal level of fertility?
4. How important is it to slow down population increase in developing countries?
5. Which policy measures can be effective in this context?
The Population Europe Inter-Face Series has been published with financial support from the Progress programme of the European Union in the framework of the project ”Supporting a Partnership for Enhancing Europe’s Capacity to Tackle Demographic and Societal Change”.