How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected birth rates and what are the implications for Europe’s demographic future?
Join UNFPA on Facebook Live for this “What’s Next?” conversation with an exciting panel of practitioners, experts and journalists on Friday 9 July at 11:00 CEST.
UNFPA and Population Europe are hosting this event ahead of World Population Day to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on demographic trends and draw attention to the need for comprehensive and holistic solutions to demographic change.
The conversation is part of a series of regional “What’s Next?” events on how to address demographic change and strengthen #DemographicResilience.
- Tomas Sobotka, Vienna Institute of Demography
- Stuart Gietel-Basten, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Aliona Cretu, Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection, Moldova
- Stephanie Hegarty, BBC Population Correspondent
- Barbara Baran, Sexologist/psychologist, Sexed.pl
- Moderator: Ian McFarlane, UNFPA Eastern Europe & Central Asia